Dedicated waste water drive
Emotron FlowDrive is designed for use in the most common pumping scenarios (1-2 pumps of any brand) in the wastewater management industry. The heart of FlowDrive is automatic reservoir level control – which optimises energy use, minimises the need for maintenance, and enables real time process monitoring.
User-friendly and reliable
Emotron FlowDrive offers the optimal price/performance ratio, backed by rapid deliveries from the factory in Sweden and local 24/7 service. Initially available in IP54 and IP20, within the 0.75-160 kW range, the new drive concept is fully tested and proven. Thanks to its coated boards in robust IP54-certified casings, you can rest assured it will withstand the challenges of demanding industrial settings.
The benefits of Emotron FlowDrive
- Designed using Emotron’s history of well-proven products for water and waste water industry
- Energy-saving, thanks to automatic optimal pump speed control
- Compatible with all kinds of pumps typically used in this application
- Built-in functions that minimise maintenance needs
- Absence of a PLC/pump controller reduces cost and effort involved in programming
- Minimal components reduce complexity and increase reliability
- Fewer starts and stops due to longer run times caused by lower average frequency
- Full connectivity to suit different user scenarios (remote telemetry/local control panel)
- Complete solution package, that’s simple to install and easy to use
- Access to system data/parameters for continuous performance monitoring
During commissioning, the user configures all motor data and levels. The self-learning program then takes over, taking measurements and calculating process data to enable optimal control. Features include load monitoring, best efficiency point and flow estimation. Best efficiency point (BEP) algorithm
Initially, the drive operates in learn mode in order to establish the most efficient operating parameters for the BEP algorithm. By running the pump over a range of frequencies and measuring the volumes pumped, it defines the most energy-efficient pumping frequency, and calibrates the related functions accordingly. Thereafter, the reservoir level control operates according to these defined values.
No flow sensor required
Once the initial commissioning program has been run, the FlowDrive can estimate in- and outflow – without the need for a costly external flow sensor. If more accurate flow measurements are required, the FlowDrive also supports the use of an external sensor.
Random start level
To prevent residue accumulating at a single level, this feature generates a random start level. The residue spread is thus over a broader surface and major buildups are prevented.
Several cleaning functions are built-in to reduce maintenance requirements including pump and pump sump cleaning, and pipe cleaning.
Options add functionality
A number of options let you customise the functionality of the Emotron FlowDrive and fully utilise the product according to your needs. Up to four different options can be combined.
Serial communication via RS232 or RS485 with Modbus RTU
- Industrial Ethernet communication (Modbus/TCP, Profinet, Ethernet-IP and EtherCAT)
- Fieldbus communication (Profibus DP, DeviceNet) • Extended digital I/O boards
- PTC/PT100 Motor protection board (PTC + max 3 PT100)
- External control panel
- Extended EMC protection (1st environment Category C2)
- Safe stop without a contactor, i.e. Safe Torque Off (STO), for meeting the requirements of machine safety
- standards EN 13849-1 and EN 62061
- Motor filters (output choke, sinus filter, common mode filter)
- Active front end, AFE, for low harmonics
Rated power 0.75-160 kW @ 400 VAC
Supply voltage 230-690 VAC, 3-phase
Rated current 2.5-295 A
Protection class IP54/20/21
Approvals CE, EAC (cULus pending)